CISV USA Greater Springfield Chapter Highlights 2018
- The Chapter Hosted the 6th international program since our founding in 1998.
- The, ”Labels are for Cans,” Youth Meeting for 12-13 year olds welcomed delegates from, Brazil, Vancouver Canada, Costa Rica, Philadelphia, PA USA, and Jordan at Prindle Pond Conference Center in Charlton, MA. There, 30 delegates, 5 leaders and 3 staff and 1 Jr. Staff who worked with the theme of Diversity to plan activities that built cultural understanding and friendship. The Camp held a successful Open Day hosted by the Youth Meeting participants at the Chicopee Elks Lodge, introducing the delegations to the community and chapter members.
- Sent and Welcomed home 21 Chapter selected delegates and 4 leaders to the following international programs: Village – Hamburg, Germany, Step Up 14- Philadelphia, PA USA, Step Up 15- Sweden, JC- Denver, CO USA, Interchange with Dobrzyn, Poland; YM – 8 day, 16-18 year old individual Jacksonville, FLA USA, and YM- 8 day 16-18 individual Chandigarh, India, Seminar – Cairo, Egypt
- A delegate from our Chapter represented us at the first National Fortnight Program in Pittsburgh, PA. This new programming offer for youth 16-18 years old was a success. The camp hosted 25 delegates, one from each USA Chapter. The participants shaped and planned the activities for the two week program while developing their leadership skills and sense of agency.
- Our Chapter Representative, Marie Aquilino attended the CISV International Global Conference in the Netherlands. She shared that it was a, “Fantastic opportunity to learn and meet many other CISV volunteers who are committed to similar goals and programming success as well as face the same financial and space challenges we do. The session on story telling was very powerful in showing how we might portray our own connection to CISV and its educational content areas and its impact on us and our children.”
- We sent 15 JB to Regional Mini Camp and 9 to National Mini Camp, 4 Board members and JB President attended the CISV in Motion-National Conference in Detroit. Two Board members attended the National Mosaic training there to learn, plan and create local programming around an area we believe we can impact here at home.
- “Beat the Clock Mini Camp,” Chapter JB planned and hosted local fall mini-camp for 35 participants at Prindle Pond Conference Center
- The Chapter participated in over 400 hours of training locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.